Thursday, April 30, 2009

Year One Almost Done

As I sit in the library endeavoring to study for economics, it's almost uncanny that I realize I really shouldn't neglect my blog any longer.

A lot of things have gone on sine I have last updated. Let's have a look at the recent scenes from a rapidly passing parade:

-A few weeks ago was the week of political happenings. First, I met former Secretary of State Warren Christopher at a talk he was giving at the Miller Center. I was one of a handful of students invited to attend (many thanks to my US History TA). Two days later, I attended an address given by the German Ambassador to the United States Klaus Scharioth. Both men gave excellent reflections on the future of the United States in foreign affairs, and had good perspectives on Israel and the Middle East.

-Foxfield happened. Essentially, the University picks itself up and moves a few miles over to a racetrack for the day. It's a steeplechase, you know. It was quite southern, with all the gentlemen in ties and all the ladies in dresses and big hats. Well, I was in my summer hat, too, so ladies and me....It was lovely to be in the sun with horses and friends for a bit before finals mania began.

-Finals mania began. I had my first exam this morning, and have an exam and a paper due both on Monday and Tuesday, and have yet another exam on Thursday of next week. By the grace of God, we'll get through it.

-The final countdown to the Brazil trip is commencing. A week from today, I'll already be in Miami preparing for the next day's trip to Sao Paolo. I am very excited--expect pictures! Our performances are going to be aired on the Brazilian equivalent of PBS and on radio while we're there; I will give a holler if I discover that they are anywhere on the internet.

And, as usual, many things I'm sure I forgot. I'm very excited to be coming home for the summer for a while, and I'm sure many shenanigans will be springing from that, not the least of which being Ravinia trips and musical goodness.

I should really get back to studying, but I will leave you with an old but good youtube video. To all who are finishing up their semesters, I wish the best of luck with finals and safe travels home. Until next time, take care!

No comments: