Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brazil Part 1: Rio

I apologize for the lateness of my updates. I was not able to use my own computer down in Brazil to access the internet, so I had to wait. Anyway, I'm going to break this into three parts: one for each of the cities I was in. First, Rio:

We got to Rio de Janeiro around noontime on Saturday. We got a quick lunch at the airport, and then hopped on a bus and headed to Candelaria church in the city, where we gave our first concert. It was extremely well received. My favorite moment was at the end: the audience clamored for their national anthem again, and came to the front and sang with gusto. Afterwards, though, they clamored for our national anthem, and sang it just as proudly. God Bless America.


The next day, we toured around the city. We went to the beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana, and also saw Christ the Redeemer. He is massive, rising up from the peak of the mountain outside the city. His arms reach out to the city and to the world.

No comments: