Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's nice in Nice

Well, after a long journey (about seven and a half hours from Chicago to London, and then 2 hours from London to Nice, complete with delays), we finally made it to France. We're currently staying in Nice, which is a southern coastal city on the Mediterranean. I haven't had time to upload pictures yet, but I'll have them up soon. Our hotel is right on the shore, and the water is a beautiful light blue. The hotel is like an art museum in and of itself. Each floor has a different art theme, and the main floor has galleries that include some of the rarest portraits of French kings. For instance, it has one of three of the famous portraits of Louis XIV; the other two are at the Louvre and Versailles.
Well, tomorrow officially starts the tour, and we have to be up at 6:30...not fun with jet lag. I'll be giving a fuller update soon!

No comments: