It has been a busy few weeks. Here are the Scenes:
- Basketball season is now in full swing. The men's and the women's teams each have one loss. However, the men are terrible and I'm worried about what the ACC games are going to look like. Our first game after break is against the Carolina Tar Heels....oh boy....
- Scheduling for next semester happened. I got all but one of the classes I wanted, and am on the waitlist for that. Not too bad, considering some only got one of their first choices.
- Football still equals bad. Undefeated October, No Win November. We hope to break that tomorrow at Lane Stadium against Virginia Tech. Go Hoos!
- My family is in to visit. We enjoyed dinner together yesterday for Thanksgiving, and then went all around today. We first went to Montpelier, the home of James Madison. We had tried to go here about five years ago, but it was closed to the public for restorations. It's not quite done yet, but we were allowed in this time. We then went to Barboursville Vineyards, a local winery, and then checked out the adjacent ruins of the Barbour home, one of the five homes built by Thomas Jefferson.
- Interesting quote from James Madison. He couldn't swallow his breakfast one morning, and his niece asked him if something was the matter. Madison looked at her and said, "Only a change of mind, my dear," then put his head down, and died. An interesting look at death, to say the least.
- Only one more week of school before finals begin! Good luck to all students.
- This is my 50th post on the blog in 10 months. It's been fun to do, and I think I'm going to stick with it.
I hope that you all enjoy the rest of the long holiday with your families, and pray that you are well until next time. Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment