Friday, November 14, 2008

November's flying

Can you believe we're already almost halfway through the month? I sure can't. Well, here's been November's scenes so far:

- Football= BAD. An undefeated October has been followed by a winless November...two more to go, but thankfully no game this weekend. Hopefully the team will get their act together.

- I made the trek down to Wake Forest for the game on the 8th, where I saw the first Carmel alum since I left for school. That made the day worthwhile, in addition to Chick-fil-a and Subway tuna!

-We've gotten really tired of our dorm being forgotten when they clean the leaves. Last Friday, we used storage container lids as rakes and swept our leaves into a huge pile in the middle of the main path. We proceeded to bury one of my suitemates,donning a mask, in the pile. Whenever some unsuspecting person walked by, we called out the code word and he popped out of the pile screaming bloody murder. The most humorous reaction was when our janitors joined forces with us to get another dorm's janitor; he just kept staggering around afterwards going "I got punked! I got punked!"

- Our dorm has also taken up a new hobby: jousting. We happened to have two large bamboo trees, so of course the first things that come to mind are bicycles and medieval duels.


...awesome, really.

- Walking home the other day, I ran into a hawk... literally. It was skimming the ground right in front of me; they don't usually do that, at least on sidewalks. He was huge. I was able to get a picture of him when he landed in a tree:

My other journey deserves a post of its own, so tune in shortly. Let's hope the second half of the month is just as exciting!

No comments: