Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Springfield, Music, and Vacation

Springfield was quite an experience. I learned and did a lot. Outside the Capitol, we saw the Old Capitol Building and went to the Lincoln museum. I highly recommend the museum; it's a fitting tribute to a great man. Inside the building, I had the opportunity to help staff the Education Committee, watch the special session from the gallery, and even walk around the house floor! It certainly solidified my love of politics.
View from the Speaker's podium

Musically, I have been keeping busy lately, as well. I have seen Blues Traveller, Huey Lewis and the News, Tom Jones, and Steve Miller Band. Tom Jones was fantastic--he is still going just as strong as he was 50 years ago.

Now, I am sitting at the kitchen table of my Grandma's house in New Jersey, gearing up for our Jersey shore vacation tomorrow. To all at home or in transit, have a great rest of the week!

No comments: