It's been quite a while since my last update. A lot has been going on...
-The Musical was on April 16-20. We performed Kiss Me, Kate. I played a veteran actor and the father of Kate and Bianca, as well as sang Too Darn Hot. It was very successful, and I am happy that I finished off acting on a high note.
-My sister made her Confirmation. The bishop was very engaging, and it was a very nice occasion. For the record, I didn't screw up any of my students' names when I announced them to the congregation, even the difficult Polish names.
-His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, made his first visit to the United States, making appearances in Washington and New York. He also celebrated his 81st birthday. Since I was busy with the musical in the evenings, I watched the 11 PM EWTN replays...sleep is overrated....
-I saw Sweeney Todd downtown. It was very creepy, to be honest, but I enjoyed it. It was a bare set, no one left the stage for the duration (they put a special bloody coat on each person who died), and all the actors were the orchestra. They sat on the edges of the stage and played the parts. It's more of an opera than a musical, so they were essentially playing nonstop when they weren't acting. Rather than using blood packets, the lights would go red when someone was killed, and there would be a woman pouring red water from one bucket into another in the background...it gave me the chills. Very well done.
-Prom happened. We danced more than usual, since I remembered some of the Latin dance steps for the two or three songs they played that you could use them for. Afterwards, the gang came over to my house for fire, food, friends, and the Blues Brothers. As no one has threatened to kill me yet, I assume everyone else had as good a time as I did.
Now we're in the present, and the madness continues. AP tests start tomorrow. This year, I have American Government, Calculus AB, English Literature, European History, and Music Theory to take. Once those are over, though, it's smooth sailing to graduation. So there's your update; it won't be so long next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment