Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nearing the finish line

It was still longer than I wanted it to be between posts, but we're making progress. These last couple weeks have brought emotions from all over the map, and a lot has gone on.

-AP MANIA! I had tests on May 5, 7, 8, 9, and 12. Now all we have to do is wait until the middle of July to find out how I did...wonderful.

-We welcomed incoming freshmen at a dance on the 9th. I sufficiently freaked out my sister by chaperoning and getting my groove on.

-We've finished up all of the Fine Arts events, which is definitely bittersweet. It's definitely time to go and stop dealing with some of the stuff, but I will definitely miss my close friendships with many of the kids, especially my "gang" from the band.

-The last day of classes was yesterday...now all we have to do is finish music and religion work and the year is over.

The toughest part of the last few weeks has been the goodbye celebrations for my friend, Father Bob. After being principal for so long, he took it hard when he had to go. The situation surrounding it has made it even more rough. The farewell Masses have been very beautiful, but it's been hard for me to swallow. He's really a great man, and I wish him the best.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be keeping this current throughout the week as graduation things begin to happen.

No comments: