Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year!

Salute! Happy New Year to one and all. I fell abysmally behind in my postings over break, but will be back in the swing of things within the next couple days.

Christmas break was wonderful, filled with family, friends, and great home-cooked meals! It was great to be home for a while, but now it's time to get my nose to the grindstone again. I am currently en route to Charlottesville, sitting here in the lovely Charlotte, NC, airport. No Subway here (can you believe it?!) so I stopped at the Quiznos. Decent, but no other Quiznos tops my buddies north of Midlothian in Mundelein.

As promised, here are a few pictures of my creche. I've been collecting pieces for quite a few years now; this is the first year with its new manger. I am very proud of it.


If you didn't get to see it, the U.S. Navy commissioned the U.S.S. George H.W. Bush yesterday. It was very inspiring to see how much Bush Sr. has given to this country: as a Navy pilot, ambassador to the U.N., congressman, CIA director, vice president, and president, to name the big ones. He is the definition of a public servant.

Again, I hope 2009 is filled with many good things, and I look forward to blogging in this new year. Take care!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I only got to see the beginning of the dedication as I had my own transport duties. I too was very inspired by 41's extensive service, which I'm guessing is largely unknown and underappreciated by the public. It was a nice little refresher course.