Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year Newness

The first is an old thing that's new for me: buying songs on iTunes. I bought over 40 in the last day and a half (aren't gift cards wonderful?) and it's highly addictive. You start thinking to yourself, "Of COURSE! My musical library won't be complete without George Harrison's I Got My Mind Set on You and Pink's Get the Party Started!" So many songs, so little time. Finally, a gift card that you actually can use immediately and completely!

A new semester begins here at Mr. Jefferson's university. We start classes in the morning, but not with regular schedule. We're doing Monday's classes tomorrow, but then the rest of the week is the same, because apparently that's the only way we can make up for getting next Monday off for MLK. Make sense to you? I'm still scratching my head. I just discovered that I'm going to have to trek halfway across campus in ten minutes three times per week. I am going to be in the best shape of my life, or I'm going to have to invest in one of those scooters.... No, wait!Oh Wile E Coyote, you ARE a super genius!

In other news, we're going to have a new senator in IL by the end of the week. It appears the Democratic leadership have backed down and are going to seat Roland Burris anyway. I personally believe that we should have let the people of Illinois decide in a special election, even if it were from a selection of solely Democratic candidates. I encourage you to read into it; it's quite a unique case of executive arrogance and power on the part of the governor and indecision and ambivalence on the part of the Senate itself and the new president.

Speaking of which, we're going to have a new president next week. A few of us are going to see about getting out to D.C. for the inauguration; there will be more to come on that soon.

That's whats news for now. Till next time, have a great week!

No comments: