Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mr. V Goes to Washington

I write this as my insomnia and energy keep me wide awake. I am traveling to D.C. today to see the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States. I feel that this event, no matter what your political affiliation, is an important part of our country's life, no matter who's being sworn in.

In about a half hour, the process will begin. We'll get all ready and bundled up for the forecasted windchills, then find our way over to the Greyhound bus station. Just past 4, we'll hop on the bus which will take us to Richmond, then put us on another bus to get us to Washington. From there, we will walk to the Mall and hang with our 2+ million best friends, desperately trying to find a spot with a t.v.! After the Inauguration ceremony, we will try to find a spot along the parade route to watch the festivities.

I was just informed that there's also a chance that I'll be at the UVA v. Maryland game in College Park, MD, tonight. If so, I will be back really early on Wednesday and have a marathon couple days! Thank God my professor cancelled class on Thursday morning; I have a feeling that I will for once find no trouble sleeping.

I will be armed with my camera (oops!), err, I will have my camera with me in a manner that is completely safe to the public, and will take many pictures of the events to post here either late Tuesday night or Wednesday evening. To both my Democratic and Republican friends, I hope that today we can set aside our differences to honor our previous president's eight years of faithful service and celebrate the coming of our new president's term at the helm. I pray that God may guide Mr. Obama in his presidency, and may God Bless America.

No comments: