Friday, September 12, 2008

Country to Foreign Country

So this has been an eventful week. Last Sunday, my friend Nick and I went to see a concert. We saw Rodney Atkins, Brooks and Dunn, and ZZ Top all for $10!! It was awesome. Not only that, we got to watch a massive cat fight: they dragged at least ten women out. ZZ Top's drugginess was definitely amusing: the lead singer was convinced we were in Charlottesville, West Virginia. When we screamed otherwise, he ripped off the masking tape on the floor that said the town, showed it to us, and said, "See? They lied to me!" It said "Charlottesville, VA."
Brooks and Dunn totally owned the show, though. They played a few songs I didn't know, but also played My Maria, Neon Moon, Only in America, Brand New Man, and Boot Scootin' Boogie.

During the week, I had quite a few meetings. I'm going to be a confirmation teacher here, and I'm very excited about it. Also, I had the informational meeting for the University Judiciary Committee-- the testing process begins next week.

On Wednesday, I went to the Study Abroad Fair, and became even more convinced that I should study abroad. Even though I still think Rome would be fun, I really fell in love with the idea of going to Scotland. I got plenty of info from the great rep from the University of Glasgow. Now this song's been stuck in my head for the rest of the week:



Tomorrow, we'll get to see how the Cavaliers do with their new new quarterback...ugh. I'll leave you with this hilarious video:



Over 9 years of Catholic schooling, and I could've covered all I need to know in 52 seconds..... Have a great weekend!

No comments: