Busy week.
Awesomeness of late:
- Cavalier men's basketball won two games!!! Clemson in overtime, and then we handily beat Virginia Tech. It's about time!
- A couple weeks ago, I went to see Sir Nigel Sheinwald, the British Ambassador to the United States. He was a very good speaker, and stressed the importance of Angl0-American relations in the future with regard to Israel and Pakistan, Afghanistan, and global warming. Cheerio, Sir Nigel.
- I am now a membership candidate for the Kappa Kappa Psi band honor fraternity.It seems to me to be a great way to get involved in service to the band. That'll be keeping me busy!
- The foundress of the Little Sisters of the Poor is going to be canonized! We had one of the Sisters visit our parish yesterday, and she had a wonderful joke: "A woman was praying to God and said 'Lord, You never listen to me. I've prayed to you for years and you never answer them.' The Lord responded to her, saying, 'I did listen to you, and the answer has always been No.'" Right on, Sister.
- Many prayers and congratulations to Archbishop Timothy Dolan of Milwaukee. This morning, the Vatican announced that he will become the next Archbishop of New York, obviously a top position. God bless Edward Cardinal Egan, as well, for his faithful service to New York over the last nine years. Cardinal Egan is also a native Chicagoan, you know; he was born in Oak Park. Dolan upholds the tradition of the Archbishop being an Irish-American. Since the archdioce's inception in 1808, only one vicar was not Irish (Archbishop John Dubois, a Frenchman, reigned from 1826-1842).
Now, I need to work on my papers for German History and Latin American History. Once those are done, I will need to pack and will be on a plane home Friday evening to spend spring break with my family. Have a great week, all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment