Unfortunately so. UVA Spring break has come and gone before my eyes...sadly it didn't coincide with many others' breaks. A big thank you to my buddy for coming up to visit me last weekend; it'll keep me going till we cross paths again. Besides seeing TR, there were other small victories that came with break:
- A new alto mouthpiece. A year or so overdue, but I finally was able to go and test them out. I tried out five or six different kinds, and feel like a conformist because I ended up going with the typical Selmer C*. My number two was the far less known Rousseau classic mouthpiece, but it just didn't give me consistency on all parts of the range. I'm pretty happy with my new setup.
- Sleep, and lots of it. I woke up early yesterday to do this and that, and by 5 PM I just passed out and napped for over two hours. Uncharacteristic for me, but it definitely was much needed.
-Time with my dog Hank. The highlight of his week was going for a walk at the local forest preserve yesterday. I think he's still sleeping off all the excitement!
-A Portuguese phrase book. My success will probably be minimal, but I hope to be able to pretend to understand simple phrases by the time I get to Brazil.
-Of course, most importantly, time with my family. It's good to be home, even for a little while.
I am leaving to go back to the U of V tomorrow, accompanied by my Dad--he's going to see the basketball game on Saturday versus Maryland. Let's Go Hoos!
Lastly, I'm ambivalently fascinated by this new Twitter sensation. I can't decide whether to like or hate the concept: it's a way to make quick updates in between full posts, yet it encourages the horrific stream of consciousness way of life that is already too abused in our culture. We'll see what identity it takes as more people begin to use it.
I hope the weather stays nice, and that everyone has an enjoyable weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment