Thursday, October 30, 2008

End of October happenings

It's been way too long since my last update.

First, football!! Since my last update, we beat North Carolina in an awesome overtime game 16-13, and beat Georgia Tech on the homecoming 24-17. We're alone atop the Coastal division of the ACC, and are realistically looking at bowl opportunities. Today brings bad news, though: our fullback RaShawn Jackson began trial for felony charges. When will the legal troubles end? I hope it doesn't affect our performance on Saturday against Miami for homecoming.

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Aside from homework, I've begun attending meetings for the Juciary committee at the University. I was just appointed a counselor for the system (sort of like a lawyer), and am currently going through training. I also had confirmation class this past weekend. Lovely subjects, really: evil, suffering, death, and the afterlife. It was really a blast from MTQ; the coordinator literally asked us to "discuss the problem of evil." I whipped out Fr. Bob's teachings on the Book of Job and the Holocaust in a heartbeat--turns out the Resource books came in handy after all.

Here are some additional Scenes:

-Big news from the writer of the blog 8128.... his second-ever blog post!! Check it out for math, science, and hysterical ranting!

-It was a good country music day at lunch. They played "Five O'Clock Somewhere," "Papa Loved Mama," and "Shoulda Been a Cowboy" all in one sitting!

-The leaves have changed into their beautiful colors, and are now beginning to fall en masse. I've been lazy in replacing my camera batteries, but have a few pictures I will update soon.

-In papal news, the Holy Father announced that his next trip is going to be in March, when he will travel to Cameroon and Angola.

-The voter people here are getting crazy. As I was walking to class yesterday, one of the guys who was trying to increase voter turnout was jumping off tables outside of the dining hall wearing an American flag as a cape.... Hippie wannabe.

That's it for now. I'll try to put the pictures up either tonight or tomorrow. One closing story:

I went and worked at an Italian ice/custard shop yesterday to raise money for the band trip to Brazil. We were a little short on customers, so I agreed to do the gimmick that they wanted. I spent a few hours out in the streets of Charlottesville dressed as Rita's Ice Guy:
One of the other band people took a picture of me outside in it; I will put that up when I get a hold of it. Enjoy the end of October!

No comments: