Friday, March 20, 2009

LA Day 1

After a surprise breakfast (courtesy of the band!), we headed out to Santa Monica for the day. We spent some time on the beach and on the pier, and then went shopping and eating. For lunch, we ate outside at a British pub; I had some delicious crab cakes. For dessert, we went to this lovely place called Pinkberry. They have frozen yogurt that isn't fakey sweet, and then an entire bar of fresh fruit. Frozen yogurt+ blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries= crazy delicious. Afterwards, I made a souvenir stop and bought an LA Dodgers cap. With it on, I'm incognito!

For dinner, we wanted to go somewhere we could watch the tournament games going on (no, I don't want to talk about the Illini), so we wended up at a specialty pizza place near the hotel. I had a foldover pizza with garlic chicken, cheese, pesto, and salad over a bed of Caesar salad. It really good.

Here are some pictures from the day:

This is their Cathedral. Unorthodox is one word for it; downright strange is another.

Now for Santa Monica:
Awesome Car

The Pacific Ocean, which I touched for the first time


I didn't know they had Buca in Santa Monica!

Tomorrow brings more adventures. See you then!

1 comment:

JC said...

you know that Pinkberry was the restaurant on that American Express business card commercial or whatever credit card it was