After practice, a few of us hopped on the subway and headed for Beverly Hills. We walked around Beverly and Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Boulevard, etc. Everything was incredibly expensive, obviously, but it's a beautiful area.
After lunch in the Hills area, we took a bus back over to Hollywood to take pictures of the things we saw the night before. As soon as we got out of the station, though, we were accosted by an interesting sight. There was an anti-war march going on all along Hollywood Boulevard. I was quite irked by the whole ordeal; at one point, as shown below, the protesters blared bomb sirens and simulated bomb noises and "hit the deck" to show the injustices of Iraq. My favorite part of it, though, is that the woman on the loudspeaker that prefaced it told her comrades not to "freak out" about the noises because "obviously, no one is going to bomb Los Angeles." I think that we should all take a minute to contemplate why we can assume that our cities are safe from attack. I did my part to cause trouble: as soon as the began to chant "stop the war" after the faux-raid, I belted out "God Bless America" as loud as my smog-filled lungs would allow. I salute the other frustrated Americans that joined in.
Although they blocked a few of the stars on the Walk (Julie Andrews included!), we were able to capture a lot of what we wanted to see. Here are some examples:
That's all for now. I will post later tonight on today's happenings!

1 comment:
Nice pictures again. Sorry you didn't get to see Julie Andrews; that must have been pretty hard for you.
Miss you!
Post a Comment