So on Day 3, I woke up at about 10:30, and the rest of the family woke up about 11:30. We rolled out a bit past noon, and were surprisingly able to find a place that was still serving breakfast. After breakfast, we hopped on the Subway to get to Macy's. On the subway, I saw an...eclectically dressed individual who was clearly a Lit major: he was reading a "Complete Collection of Anton Chekhov" and had the symbol of the Trystero from Pynchon's "The Crying of Lot 49" hand-stitched onto his bag.
Here are some sights from my walk from the Subway to Macy's.Empire State Building
Madison Square Garden
Macy's building
So then it was a Macy's shopping extravaganza. I got some new stuff, but most of the afternoon consisted of Dad and I desperately searching for a place to sit while Mom and Katie rambled through the store without buying anything but a blouse each.After that, we went back to change for the evening, and then went to Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral. It's such a beautiful Church. I learned something new while we were there: all the archbishops of New York are buried in a crypt under the main altar. I wish they would do that for Chicago; it's a nice tradition. It's hard to take pictures inside a church, but here;s one of the main altar:
When Mass was over, we walked over and had dinner at Piano Due, and Italian restaurant. We had a very nice dinner together, and were able to get back to the hotel in time to see the second half of the UNC game! Go Tar Heels!
When Mass was over, we walked over and had dinner at Piano Due, and Italian restaurant. We had a very nice dinner together, and were able to get back to the hotel in time to see the second half of the UNC game! Go Tar Heels!Radio City Music Hall, as seen on the way to the Restaurant
This morning, we woke up at about 7 AM, and went over to the airport, where our plane was delayed until 10:40, but once we were in the air there were no troubles. We're back at home now, my homework is as done as it's going to be, and I'm going to spend the rest of the evening obsessing about college stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment