Friday, March 21, 2008

A truly Holy week

Despite the fact that the teachers seem like they're being whipped by the Devil into ramming speed, this is really a holy week. This week saw the ethnic rivalries of St. Patrick and St. Joseph on Monday and Wednesday respectively. St. Joseph is so much cooler!
Any rate, this is also the Holy Week leading up to Easter. If you have never seen Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," I would highly recommend it. It was very emotional, and very well done. After expressing sorrow and gratitude for the passion and death, though, it is exciting to welcome in the new life of the Resurrection. My friend is receiving the Sacraments of Initiation at the Vigil this year; many congratulations and prayers go out to her on this occasion. I will be spending Easter with my extended family this year; it is important to remember in the Easter season that they are the reason I have life in the the first place, let alone the chance of an afterlife. I hope everyone traveling over the next few days experiences very great travels. You'll probably hear a little more from me before Sunday, so until next time, take care!

No comments: