Sorry, my posts from an ungodly hour regarding Days 1 and 2 left out the strange happenings that go on in my life. On Thursday night at "Curtains," I ran into a girl who was a classmate of mine freshman year, Natalie. Her family had moved to Georgia because her father was in the military, and I had not seen or heard from her since she moved away. It was one of those awkward situations where you wonder whether you should say hello or not, which is an especially hard question for someone who remembers people better than most others. I waved at one point, and a few minutes later her friends (it appeared she was on a school trip) started shouting my name and then I got the proverbial, "Hey, do you know Natalie?" So I turned around and talked for a couple minutes, but it was sort of awkward. I have to get better at that whole seeing-people-you-think-may-not-remember-you thing.
The next night, at "Legally Blonde," we ran into a St. Mary's family. This episode wouldn't have been awkward if the mother wasn't the woman who thought that Mom was married to me....*shudder*....
Where can I go in this world where I won't meet people I know or people who know people I know?! Nowhere is safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment